This is an extremely busy week for me, so posts will be hit or miss for the next few days. Along those lines, I couldn’t help but love the post How to leave it all behind you at the end of the day over at Lifehack.org. It is ten ideas you can adopt to make sure work stays at work so your home life is relaxed and you can return to work refreshed.
- Treat your commute home as a positive time to wind down and start the process of relaxation.
- Match your journey time with the time you need to relax.
- Never hurry home.
- Treat your commute home as your time
- On a bad day, leave for home early and arrive on time or later.
- If you need to rant and vent, do it along the way.
- If you must take work home-and you should treat that idea as you would infecting yourself with a specially repulsive social disease-agree a set time to do it and stick to that agreement.
- When you get home, pay full attention to whoever’s waiting for you.
- Always keep your promises.
- Be firm with yourself.
It makes so much sense to balance work with rest. Especially to someone like me who pushes a bit too hard sometimes.
Do you have any additional tips for leaving work at work?
I’m gonna get back to my evening…